Frequently Asked Questions
1. I only have a morning to spend in Mossel Bay, what would you suggest?
Our 90 minute Essential Mossel Bay Tour will give you everything you need to know about Mossel Bay, packaged in a short and exciting tour. You will experience Mossel Bay through the eyes of a local, well trained, accredited tourist guide.
2. I am interested in history and culture; will my interest be met during your 90 min Essential Tour?
Our guides know all the historical facts and local stories of Mossel Bay. They will also take you through the different cultural areas, so you will experience the real Mossel Bay.
3. What is the weather like in the Garden Route?
The Garden Route region has a Mediterranean Maritime climate, with moderately hot summers, and mild to chilly winters. Most of the rains occurs in the winter months. Mossel Bay has the second most moderate climate in the world. Always good to take a jacket with.
4. How do I get back to my hotel after the 90 min Essential Tour?
Tours will end at the Mossel Bay Tourism Centre. If you reside in a hotel / guesthouse / bed & breakfast in the "old" Mossel Bay, RPRX will drop you off after the tour at no additional cost.
5. Will we stop at a shopping centre during the 90 min Essential Tour?
We will stop at iconic points in Mossel Bay and you will get directions on where the different restaurants and shopping centres are. Visiting the shopping malls can be done in your own leisure time.
6. Is South Africa and the Garden Route Safe?
Crime in South Africa is relatively high, but the Garden Route area is one of the safest areas in the country. Yet, it is still sensible to apply some basic common sense and to follow the general safety rules.
7. Can I drink the tap water?
Although you will receive a complimentary bottled water when going on a tour with us, the tap water in the Garden Route area is completely safe for consumption.
8. What vehicles do you use?
We transport you in luxury, air-conditioned vehicles. All our vehicles comply with South African roadworthiness and carry sufficient liability insurance. Groups are limited to 10 tourists.
9. Can I only book on your website?
Booking on our website is a very easy process. We do advise you to make use of this facility, or contact us for further help.